Notes on Software Development, Technology and Life.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ford Escape, 1,000 Miles Later

Yesterday my Ford Escape reached 1,000 miles. I've had it for almost a month, driving 25 miles each way to work is not helping keep the mileage low. Anyway, after driving it for a while, I think I can give it a fair comparison against my Firebird Formula.

There are certainly pros to the Escape, and at least one con. On the plus side, it is of course nice to drive a car that does not break every month, it also has (a lot) more trunk space, plus it sits 5 people comfortably (now I don't have to borrow my wife's car every time I have to drive someone to the airport, which happens on a semi frequent basis since we live close to one).

The one disadvantage of the Escape is the (lack of) horsepower. The exact model I have is the XLS manual, which has a 153 hp engine, no match against the Firebird's 305 horses. Other than that, no complaints, the Firebird had been paid off for years, therefore I'm not used to making car payments, but that's not really the Escape's fault.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home