Notes on Software Development, Technology and Life.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

New Laptop

Lately I have been working on a new project that was taxing my old laptop to the max. I spent more time waiting for the hard drive to stop spinning than doing actual work. That gave me a good reason to get myself a new laptop.


Since lack of RAM was the main reason I wasn't getting much work done, my main requirement for the new laptop was for it to have 2GB or RAM. After searching around, I decided to get the HP Pavilion dv2221us. 2GB of RAM, Dual core AMD Turion Processor, pretty good price for the specs.



Being a long time Linux user, the first thing I did when I took it out of the box was to install Linux on it, specifically Fedora Core 6. In general, installation went smoothly, but there was some work involved to get it to work at 100% capacity.



I wrote some directions on what needs to be done and posted them on my site, they can be found at http://www.ensode.net/dv2000_linux.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home