Notes on Software Development, Technology and Life.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Amazon Rocks

As I have mentioned before, I recently got myself a shiny new Blackberry Curve. I got it for what I thought was a good price, $99.99 with a two year contract with AT&T/Cingular. The same Blackberry Curve is $199.99 from AT&T's web site.

To my dismay, Amazon dropped the price of the Blackberry to $44.99 a couple of days after I ordered mine. Fortunately, I learned about Amazon's Post-Order Price Guarantee, with this guarantee, if the price of an item purchased through Amazon drops in price within 30 days of the purchase date, Amazon refunds the difference. I contacted Amazon and they agreed to refund the difference.

The story doesn't end there, a few days after the initial price drop, Amazon dropped the price of the BlackBerry curve again, this time to only $0.01 (you read that right, a penny), again with a two year contract agreement. I contacted them again and they once again agreed to refund the remaining difference.

I can't believe I got such a nice device for only one cent.

If you are in the market for a new phone, I highly recommend you get one of these, much, much, much better than the phones that can typically be obtained for free with a contract.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home