Notes on Software Development, Technology and Life.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

HP F4180 Printer/Scanner/Copier Works Like a Charm in Linux





I found myself needing a scanner, and, as most people that know me know, I run Linux at home, therefore I have to be a bit careful with my hardware purchases since some esoteric hardware may HP F1480 printer/scanner/copier all in one combo, which works flawlessly under Linux. I didn't really need the copier functionality, but it was a nice bonus.

Installing this printer was really a "plug and play" experience, no need to install drivers or anything, simply plug the USB cable into the computer, it was detected automatically, I can scan from The Gimp or any other device that can access a scanner, and print from any application.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home